If you know nothing about how to compose music then Encore can help you look like Mozart although it's a steep learning curve.
Whether you play directly into Encore or transcribe your MIDI files, you get accurate notation and beautiful printouts every time. You can extract parts, transpose for different instruments, and play your music as you originally conceived it. Encore graphically displays and plays back dynamic marks, repeats, multiple endings, pedal marks, or any MIDI controller.
Encore scores can be fine-tuned with a simple move of the mouse. On-screen palettes let you enter appropriate notes or graphics and both lyrics and text are easily added. As a guitar enthusiast, I was interested by the option to instantly transcribe music into guitar tablature with correct fingering and guitar fret diagrams although in the end, I couldn't quite work it out.
For professional musicians writing compositions, this is a brilliant tool but you'll need some time to get used to it.
- Many including:
- Added a "safe save" feature on Windows, to prevent corruption if crash during saving, etc.
- (which also automatically backs-up the last 20 saved versions in C:UsersAppDataLocalGVOX)
- Added rulers on Mac with new (red) quartz lines on mousefollow.
- Made expressions, graphics, text, dynamics, slurs and symbols assignable to any voice.
- Auto-adjusting of slurs when dragging notes, et al now handles more than one slur at a note.